Saturday, September 4, 2010

My Crappy Little House




Well, I've been saying I wanted a crappy little house, and now I have one! And here it is! I have settled quite a few houses in my day, but if you pay cash, the settlement takes 5 minutes!!! Who knew?????? And I walked away with about 5 sheets of paper instead of a 25 pound box of paper. Wow. Of course, if I'm going to pay cash, we're not talking about a show house. But someday, this will become my own little showplace. I'm excited about the project.

I celebrated by having my smoked trout salad at the Lovingston Cafe. As a special occasion splurge I had dessert! Yum.

Then, drunk with power I decided to go have a pedicure. . . I mean, what the hell? So I went to Waynesboro where there is a PetSmart because Chester was nearly out of his "senior" Milk Bones. So I got those and went to my pedicure place. Unfortunately, my arrival was such that I got the only guy in the place. It would not be using any creativity on my part at all to refer to him as "The Man With the Dragon Tattoo." Yep, right there on his arm. It would have been okay, I think, except that he seemed inordinately smitten with the program on television. . . The Disney Channel. . . . Zack and Cody, the Suite Life. Highbrow stuff to be sure. And to complicate the matter, the tv was situated behind him over his right shoulder. So he was performing the pedicure with his head turned almost completely around so as not to miss a scintillating moment. I mean Zack (or was it Cody) was trying his hand at making sushi with utterly madcap hilarity. So I guess I could understand that when this guy was trying to scrub the callous off the bottom of my foot that is was really not his fault that he went off the target and literally scraped the skin off the side of my foot, causing bleeding and not a small amount of pain. Of course he didn't notice. . . after all Cody (or was it Zack) was involved with some slapstick of his own. Great stuff. So when the scrubber came back around and then scrubbed on the top of the part that was already bleeding, I just figured it was time for me to speak up.

Well, he was apologetic, and actually, a little too quickly for my peace of mind, grabbed some blue liquid he keeps on hand for just such occasions. He asked if it still hurt, then went back to watching the tv while he was doing the all important leg massage. Luckily, except for a scab, there is no sign of inflammation or infection today. You never know with these places. So the moral is, I guess, if there's a dragon tattoo on the arm, and Disney on the TV, go somewhere else for your pedicure. My toes look good, though.

All of that was yesterday. Today, Sandy joined me at the house and we sat under the trees and celebrated the house that was to be. We would have sat in the kitchen, but the cigarette smell was too strong. . . . . . .Hmmmm. There better be a beautiful purse under this sow's ear. . . .That's all I'm saying.