Thursday, April 30, 2009

Birthday Trip Eve!

Most of the packing is done. It's hard to pack for 3+ weeks when the weather could be anything from blistering to frigid! I have put in the novel Joan and I selected for us to read in Nantucket: Not surprising . . . the title is Nantucket Nights. I suspect it's a little trashy. . . judging from the cover and the fact that one of the main character's name is Raoul. Sounds like a great pastime for 2 recently turned 60 year olds.

I'm waiting for the car to be finished, then I will take my plants to Sandy. Helene is planning dinner at 5 and Anderson Cooper tickets afterwards for my first night out.

I still have to face 200+ miles on I81, but Casey reminds me that I will have multiple Sheetz stations and the made to order sandwiches to look forward to. (Shout out to Casey! My first "comment"!!! )

See you all on the road. . . .RP PS: I'm still in my fifties!