Thursday, June 25, 2009

CHAUTAUQUA Week 1

ON THE ROAD AGAIN!!!! (Imagine Willie Nelson's voice)

I'm in a Comfort Inn in Pittsburg on the way to Week 1 at Chautauqua. I got out of the house about 10:00 this morning. I timed it out so that I could have a nice lunch in Berkeley Springs.

I'm looking forward to my first week at Chautauqua. This year I'm staying in very sparse accomodations, and singing with the motet choir which earns me a free gate pass. This has allowed me to be able to spend three weeks total in Chautauqua this summer. This is such a good thing!

I've signed up for a writing course this week in addition to the singing, concert going, walking, meeting people, lectures, etc. etc.

While I was on the road today famous people were dying. . . Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson. Kind of weird to be seeing this on the tv at Applebee's at dinner tonight.

Okay out there, fasten your seatbelts! Here we go again. RP