Saturday, August 15, 2009

August 15

Here's what I did today!

Moved my belongings from temporary room 9, to permanent room 8 right next door! I'm all settled in to the smallest room yet, but it's cozy and I love it. A single bed suits me just fine and the internet signal is stronger here than anywhere that I've been this summer.

I went to the gym and did about 40 minutes of weight training, then took a good long shower and washed my hair. This greatly helps the shared bathroom situation back at the house.

I went to a lecture called "American Politics and the Obama Presidency." Political analyst David Kozak was the speaker and it was excellent.

Choir practice tonight for tomorrow's two performances.

Attended the Shakespeare play The Winter's Tale which was excellent. The theater company here is fabulous!

I also spent some time musing about my Creedence Clearwater experience of last night. I had the opportunity, at age 60, of being a "young whippersnapper!" While there were scads of people in the audience who are my age or younger, there is also a large contingency of Chautauquans who are the age of my parents. About 8 minutes into this rock and roll concert, many of them promptly got up and walked out, looks of disgust on their faces. That left the rest of us to whoop and yell and dance and sing along. If only I had had a cigarette lighter to hold up in the air! It's a real gift to have opportunities to feel young and decadent. . . . only in Chautauqua!

It's late. . . . . I'm going to bed tired and happy.