Saturday, August 22, 2009

August 22

Good evening my friends!

What a lovely Saturday. Busy but not frantic. It was so wonderful watching people moving out en masse and knowing I was not one of them! I could sleep until 8:00 because this is the only day without a morning choir practice.

I went to the Farmer's Market for some foodstuffs for the next couple of days. What a luxury to be a 5 minute walk from fresh food each day except Sunday.

Went to the gym this morning and did the dreaded cardio. It wasn't so bad. Unfortunately, when it starts getting "not so bad" it's time to up the time, or the incline or the resistance or something to make it excruciating again.

I was invited by Lois and Bill (from Wintergreen) to join them for lunch at the Season Ticket restaurant. This is a nice place and we had a lovely lunch and conversation. That's two special meals in two days!

Afterwards I grabbed my knitting and seat cushions and staked out great seats for Lois and myself to see Gail Sheehy speak. She has appeared at Chautauqua numerous times, but this is the first I've had to hear her. Her emphasis now is caregiving to aging relatives. She is the AARP ambassador for care giving. Her talk was very interesting. Great to see and hear her live.

I grabbed a quick dinner and went to the 6:00 choir practice. Tomorrow begins the week of Otis Moss as the preacher. I love hearing him every summer. His choir will be in the loft with us tomorrow morning, however we will not be singing together. But everything will be in a state of flux, so it should be interesting.

After choir I attended the last concert of the Chautauqua Symphony Orchestra for the seaon. Wonderful program of Bach's Concerto for Two Violins with the same Stradavarius guys from the other night. Phenominal. Then Tchaikovsky Symphony #5. Glorious.

Tomorrow we sing alot, and I have a movie to watch. Eight more days. YeeHaaaa!