Tuesday, May 26, 2009

60th Birthday - Coda!

Well, I'm back because the celebration is not quite over. My friend Patti drove through rain all day from Southport, NC to join me for the last harrah (good thing. . . I'm almost 61!).

Everyone should have a friend like Patti. She scooped me up and rescued me at one of the darkest times of my life. We had great times together as "band moms" in the late 90's. I remember going to her house every Friday night, eating Chinese food with her and Larry, dipping our hands in hot paraffin, and watching Providence and drinking wine. And the fun never ends with Patti.

We "unloaded" her car in the rain. The first order of business was to pop open a bottle of Moet & Chandon champaign which she had brought!!! It doesn't get any better than that. I made the same shrimp meal that I had made on Joan and mine's first night in Nantucket. Patti made a blueberry upside down cake which baked while we had dinner. The eating orgy continues, apparently! After dinner Casey checked in, which is always wonderful.

We watched the Netflix movie "Milk" which neither of us had seen. Tomorrow we head out to the Homestead Resort for two nights of luxury and spa treatments, and I'm sure a large measure of hilarity. How blessed I am in the friends I have acquired over the years. Anyone who is still following along is most assuredly in that category. Stay tuned. . . . .RP