Monday, May 4, 2009

DAY FOUR

Success! After fighting with the in-house internet, I'm online in the house we rented. Hooray!

Now I can write: "I'm still 59" one more time!

It was overcast and drizzly and downright rainy all day and it was wonderful. We walked and walked and walked. Nantucket is a place where you never run out of wonderful streets,lanes and alleys to walk down. Gorgeous houses and gardens everywhere. We walked to the cafe this morning where I posted yesterday's blog. Then back to the house (about 10 minutes from town) to drop the computer. Short rest and then back to town. Had a great lunch right on Main Street. Enough food that we brought back half after lunch and are getting ready to have that for dinner!

This afternoon we went back to town and walked down towards Brant Point by John Kerry's house (actually, his wife's house. . . according to locals: Kerry has no money!), Tommy Hilfiger's house (he has lots of money) and all around. I'm sure we got our 10,000 steps in today. We stopped at a great restaurant/bar called The Brotherhood of Thieves, and had a martini each called The Hemingway. Grapefruit juice and hooch, basically. My last cocktail before turning 60! We have decided to rent a smart car on Thursday. Joan and I tooling around the island in the teeny tiny little lump of metal that is a Smart Car! We can't wait. And it is a convertible!!! Hope it doesn't rain. How fun does that sound?

TOmorrow, birthday day, is supposed to be a steady rain. But we will not let it dampen our spirits!

For the last time. . . . . .I'm still in my 50's!!!!!!! RP