Thursday, May 28, 2009

Final Homestead Day!

This has been a day of pampering for sure. Patti and I had breakfast around 9:30 so that we could limit ourselves to two meals today.

At noon we had our spa treatments: European facials. The spa facilities are incredible. We used the sauna, steam room, and afterwards the indoor pool. It is a beautiful, historic pool, and at one point I had it all to myself. Now I know how Oprah must feel! I decided that I needed the mineral wrap pedicure as well, so I signed up for that at 4. At 3 we repeated the afternoon tea in the Great Hall. And I headed back to the spa.

We had dinner at Sam Snead's restaurant across the road. In the final exercise in gluttony, we ordered ribs! Shout out to Casey, who was the last person I ate ribs with, and who would have loved eating at Sam Snead's!

We've ordered room service breakfast for tomorrow. All breakfasts were included in the package we got! We'll leave tomorrow after we check out. It's been great rubbing elbows with the well-to-do, and I don't mind at all going back to my more austere and frugal and mostly vegetarian/super foods diet. It's been a great run.

One more great dinner tomorrow. . . tune in to find out about that! RP