Thursday, May 7, 2009

DAY SEVEN

Time is just going much too fast! I'm sitting in the front room of the cottage listening to more wind and rain. We've had sun for maybe 2 hours since we got here. But given the great time we're having I'd say that maybe sun is over-rated!

This morning I had to respond to the dismal day by walking 10 minutes down the road to the Day Spa and get a wonderful massage. I'm am completely congratulating myself right about now for the weeks (actually months and years) of living frugally, shopping in thrift shops, and saving money so that I could come on a trip like this. I will begin saving again the minute I get back!

After the massage we walked to town for lunch at a cute little restaurant called Even Keel . . .apparently Rachel Ray has broadcast her show from there, and Ted Kennedy hangs out there when he is on island. Then we walked to get our cute little black Smart Car. What a hoot! Once inside, it's hard to remember it's so small. But after reaching a destination, parking and looking back at it, you just can't help but "AWWWWW!!!!" Great little vehicle. Today was my driving day. . . tomorrow is Joan's. It was so great to see the far reaches of the island. This is my third trip here but have never been to some of the outer beaches. It was foggy and windy, so the surf was definitely up almost everywhere. We loved exploring and seeing places we had never been.

We're home for the evening. I'm cooking a dinner of lamb chops, sweet potatoe fries and salad. It's a good plan to eat out at noon and eat in for dinner, especially with this weather. The crowds are picking up, and the whole island is abuzz with workers and white vans and pick-up trucks as the establishments get polished and scrubbed for the season. There's a wine festival next weekend, and then the rates go up. All in all, this is a good time to come! Stay tuned. . . .rp