Thursday, May 14, 2009

DAY 14 - HOLY COW IT'S BEEN TWO WEEKS!

Phase 3 begins.

Bonnie and I left The Captain's House this morning and drove to Cambridge. Had no trouble finding my friend Jean's house thanks to Mapquest. We spent a couple of hours walking around Cambridge and specifically Harvard University. Bonnie's daughter, Jackie graduated FROM (shout out to Joan) there last year. I was seeing the campus for the first time and it is impressive. After a tasty lunch at Jean's we took Bonnie to the airport. It was such fun having her along for the last 4 days.

Jean and I tootled around Cambridge in the rain and traffic. I got to see The New England Conservatory of Music, the glass flower exhibit at the Peabody Museum, MIT, etc. This is an amazing metropolitan area for sure.

Jean and I spent hours talking. She is the daughter of dear friends of my parents. I met her last summer in Chautauqua, and she has become a dear friend. Didn't even know her this time last year! How cool is that?

Latest update on my boy Chester: His girlfriend Laila left, but was quickly replaced by a white female dog named Luna. My dog is a playah!!!!! Lyell, the owner of the kennel, even sent me a half dozen pictures of my boy having fun at "camp." He won't even want to come home after I've installed the $$$$$ electric fence!!!! But all that is a couple of weeks away. Right now, it's party on! RP