Saturday, May 2, 2009

DAY TWO!

This was a sensational day! Helene and I went for the greatest walk in Elizabeth Park in West Hartford. Fabulous gardens. . .all my master gardener buddies would have gone berserk seeing them. She gave me an auto tour of West Hartford. . . a beautiful community. I could live there!

Picked up Joan at Logan right on time. We headed for the Cape! Stopped in Plymouth for gas and lunch. Had to see Plymouth Rock of course, and tour the replica of the Mayflower. We enjoyed that American History lesson. But as only Joan and I can. . .we sniffed out two antique malls where we could have spent hours. It's lucky she is on a plane, and I have a smaller car. It could have been ugly if we had tried to get in the car all the things we saw that we loved. We got out of there with Joan buying 5 wine glasses that she will attempt to wrap up in her underwear inside her carry-on bag for the trip back to Indy!

Once on Cape Cod we got our ferry tickets for the morning, checked into the Holiday Inn and headed for Provincetown for dinner. What a whacky wonderful experience that was. As two women together we fit right into that culture. Alot of assumptions were made about the nature of Joan and mine's relationship, I'm sure. We found a great restaurant called Beachside Betsy's. It was very lively inside, made all the moreso when Betsy informed us it was Drag Weekend! We promptly ran into two guys in drag, one with tall, blonde, Marge Simpson style hair and a martini glass as big as an ice bucket! (S)He was a riot. I got a great picture but alas cannot hook up my camera to my computer, so I can't include it. Which is too bad, because it really was funny. P'town is going to remain a highlight of the trip, I'm sure!

So we're off to "Tucket" tomorrow. Chester is enjoying licking the ears of his new girlfriend, and having his ears licked. Apparently he's a randy old fellow when combined with the right woman!!! This is a side of him I have not seen. . . . . .Stay tuned. I'm still in my 50's. RP