Sunday, August 29, 2010

Chautauqua Farewell

It's Sunday afternoon. Our last church service was this morning. I've had a splendid "grown up" lunch at St. Elmo's (yes, the inspiration for the movie) with some friends (wine was involved), and I'm making a third trip to the car with "stuff." I'm hoping to wake up and walk out tomorrow very early.

The computer goes this trip. So suffice it to say that this evening's Sacred Song service of goodbye, and the ceremonial closing three taps of the gavel will not leave a dry eye in the house. I've been invited to the home of one of my choir buddies for a closing glass of wine. So all communications via computer will desist until I arrive home tomorrow (95+ degree heat predicted all week) late afternoon.

I'll probably keep blogging as I make my way through the selling of one house and the buying of another (not necessarily in that order) and then the rennovation. Also, there's my possible trip to Florida for the final space shuttle lift off in a few weeks. So stay tuned is you care to.

I'm off to the car, then to the movies (The Kids Are Alright) and then the final service. I need to drop a few things in the apartment for next year, and deliver my bike for winter storage. It's been a fabulous summer. You should all come up here. . . . no really.