Monday, August 30, 2010

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggedy Jog

And in the blink of an eye, I'm sitting at my computer at home, listening to the sound of the dryer going round and round. And yes, it's 97 degrees out!

Uneventful drive. Listened to the remainder of my book on tape: Paul McCartney, A Life. I learned more than I ever wanted to know about Sir Paul. However, it did make the hours tick away. I finished reading Little Bee at the Temptations Cafe in Berkeley Springs where I stopped for lunch. I listened to Chad on the radio for about a half hour while I was coming down Highway 81 in Virginia. Before long, the religious music station that shares the call numbers kicked in.

I was able to drive directly to my book club just in time for the Little Bee discussion. I clearly got the "I came the farthest" award. . .nobody could top 480 miles!!

Now I'm home and there will be a showing of this house tomorrow at noon. So I'm in the awkward (for me) position of having to keep the house spotless! Not easy to unpack from a three week trip and not get things messy. So I'll postpone getting Chester until tomorrow at 5:00.

Got my pictures off the camera. Here is my apartment for next summer!



Bottom floor, middle door under the flags! This is a quintessential Chautauqua house. Looking forward to spending 9 weeks there next year. But also looking forward to seeing how all this house stuff works out. And whether or not I'll go to Florida in a couple of weeks to watch the Space Shuttle go up! Stay tuned!