Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Good News and Bad News

On regular days, I'll be brief. Who wants to hear the details of my life anyway. . . . .

1. Good news: I will be a full member of Choral Arts for one more year. And I may still be considered for the Mahler performance in New York at Carnegie Hall in October. I'll know that by the end of the week. I was sort of getting used to the notion of not being in the choir, and planning what other neat things that would free me up to do. But finding out that I've been included in the final years for Norman when several of my good friends were eliminated is bittersweet, but gratifying.

2. Bad news (relatively speaking. . .this still isn't "bad news")My house was shown for the first time today but the people did not think it would suit their needs. How easy it would have been, and how couterintuitive to what is happening around the country, if I had struck gold on the first try. Ah well. . . . . . .

I am so lucky to love where I live and do what I do. Even being home from Chautauqua, I'm happy to be back in Nelson County and looking forward to each new day and the possibilities that exist every day. It was great to be working out again this morning, and wonderful to help my friend Kathy dismantle her Art exhibit in Charlottesville. I picked up Chester and gave him a bath. . . always an adventure. And I managed to pick up after myself all day. Maybe this is just what I need as I await a sale. . . . .