Saturday, August 14, 2010

Mama Mia!!!!


And here is a picture!! I could do this because Joe Holt took a picture of the three of us (him, me and Paco) at the Abba concert last night. What a hoot! We sang, we danced, we joined a conga line of little children who were running up and down the aisles. And believe it or not. . . . wine was not involved.

This was not the real Abba, but a band from Sweden who sing their music. Complete with disco ball and special lighting effects. It's not easy to find a group where all the kids and all the adults know the words. .thanks to the movie Mama Mia! So there were kids waving their phones in the air and people jumping up and down. And to think that the night before we had listened to a Shostakovich violin concerto, and tonight in the same space will be the ballet! There is no lack of variety at Chautauqua.

Today is transition day again. I helped the Dutys move to their next location, back to the Disciples house where I was week 1 and 2. Then I headed for Wegmans in Jamestown, and then found a laundromat to do my wash. Hopefully that's the one and only time I'll ever have to do that since I have laundry facilites next year. But it was a really nice laundromat and I got the pleasure of seeing on the television the report that the Washington Redskins fairly significantly trounced the Buffalo Bills in the opening preseason game. I was the only one in the laundromat with a smile on my face!

Attended a lecture this afternoon by John Helemann who has written extensively about Obama. Very interesting observations about this point in the presidency.

I'm off to choir and then the ballet. I'll miss my Abba buddies next week but Week 8, Theme: Powering the Future . . . a look at alternative energy among other things. Looking forward to that.