Monday, August 23, 2010

Last Monday

And the rain continues. I was in a jacket, jeans and heavy socks today. I love this weather! I slept until 7:45, which is oversleeping for me.

Only 4 more weekday services to sing. We have no choir tomorrow night. The theme will be great. I feel like I was in college majoring in history today. Morning lecture was a UVa professor giving a history of the Supreme Court. The afternoon lecturer (topic: The Supreme Court and Race), a Harvard professor, couldn't make his plane connections, so the morning lecturer, who is a former student of his filled in at the last minute. She did an admirable job giving the lecture of his topic and sounding like she had always been the one to do it! Her talk reviewed all the famous decisions made by the Court in regards to race. Very interesting.

Attended the book review for the Clinton/Starr book I'm reading. The author will be here on Thursday. I'm about half way through the almost 700 pages!

Went to the movies tonight. . .finally! Saw Solitary Man starring Michael Douglas and a host of other big stars. Very good film.

Hearing more news about the changes in Choral Arts. Quite a few of the regulars have been cut for the next year. I don't know if I've been cut or not, but with several of my good buddies no longer in the group, it will make a decision to not participate much easier. . . .if it's still my option!!!!

I have a potential trip to Florida to see the last space shuttle launch in a few weeks hanging on my status with the choir. Life will go on either way. In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy my last 6 days here.